Cellular Telephone Services at the University of Connecticut
UITS Cellular Services supports cellular services for all faculty and staff at the University of Connecticut. The following cellular carriers are those with which the University has negotiated contracts: AT&T
All cellular service purchases must meet University criteria and must go through UITS Cellular Services.
In order to obtain a University provided communication device, you must meet at least three
of the following criteria:
- Engage in business related travel at least 50% of your normal work schedule or designated as an emergency or critical contact for the department.
- You are required to have frequent access with the public, faculty, staff or students.
- Your position/role requires you perform business in the field which prohibits you from having access to a landline.
- Your position requires that you have immediate wireless access to a phone, email or the internet at all times.
- You are designated as a first responder or a critical employee.
- You are required to be accessible outside of scheduled or normal business hours.
Types of Services
Please review the Types of Services
available prior to completing a request for cellular service.
Support and Configuration
Set up your Smartphone by following the instructions at: http://office365.uconn.edu/configuring-devices/
Cellular Vendor Information
Click on the cellular vendor to view voice plans, data plans, features, international services, etc.